Thursday, June 9, 2011

黃予青 The Princess Diaries

They were the diaries of heroine who was fourteen years old. Mia had many variety ideas and thoughts. She used her imagine to describe her feelings and scenery and put the emotion in it. She kept down all the feelings without anything hided or left, so I thought I found the most true life and honest person that I had never seen. Although these matters were not true, the feelings were very real. It let me thought more and enjoyed her humorous, I was attracted by it just in my first browse through the first page. Mia was not the popular girl in school, but it’s sure she was a good girl. She was just in the sensitive age. The first day diary was almost said what she bothered about most, like no guy asking her out, five foot nine, flat chest and a freshman who had flunking Algebra. She kept saying these disadvantages of her so that it impressed me and had picture in my brain. From the diaries, Mia seemed to be very kind and friendly. Although she had these disadvantages, her mental life was very colorful. However, in that age, every trivial thing would be serious. The teenagers must keep considering, comparing and noticing others everything. The book is totally a happy ending and in the process, I grow in the correct way with Mia. Every common teenager would like to be a mature, responsible and successful person. Maybe they knew it should have some luck, they just wanted to make a dream and worked hard to make it come true. The book said the correct behavior would have good ending no matter on Mia or on Lana, it was just proved. I really liked this book, the heroine was very humorous, and she talked to her dear diary or maybe herself exaggeratedly but naturally. So the little and ordinary things could really catch my eyes. The book had shown how realistic people were, Mia was originally just a small potato, but because of the heir of the princess of Genovia, she turned to a popular person overnight. From beginning to end, Mia was just same one person but had such dramatic change. Through the book, I could understand and knew the America school culture. In the lunch time, there were many groups divided to get together by their popularity in school or what kind of person of you. It’s very easy to be forgotten if someone was really shy or not attractive and then she or he would be embarrassed and upset. Although these things would also happen in Taiwan, it’s not so serious. I thought it’s a very complex problem. It would always have some people who had no partner to get and talk with. I thought it felt very uncomfortable to have no person to accompany but watched others getting together and laughing happily. They also had cheerleading culture. The cheerleader would be a lovely and attractive person who was always envied by all people in school and purchased by many guys, but they were too snotty, so they would be hated by people, they just didn’t say. I really like this book, I have two reasons. First, it’s very easy to understand and it has many practical phrases and sentences. Second, I really like the plot. Although I have seen it on the movie before, I still want to read it again. Generally speaking, it’s a delightful movie which has many funny parts. And, in the end, I just want to memorize the classical sentence of the last diary in the book. It said “I thought, really, I am a very lucky girl. Things had looked pretty bad there for a while. But isn’t it funny how everything kind of works itself out in the end?

No comments:

Post a Comment